D’Overbroek’s School, Leckford Place, Oxford
Redevelopment of a former primary school site, including the refurbishment of the existing building and new classroom extension, to accommodate a new independent school.
The existing Victorian classrooms, the earliest of which dates back to 1872, were converted with a first floor level added into the roof space to provide a modern interior teaching environment, whilst the new extension provided a contrasting, modern, copper clad design.
“The architects have done a fantastic job in transforming the site and have made it really a superb environment in which to teach and learn. It’s just a really cool school.”
Mark Olejnik – Head Teacher, Leckford Place School.
Client: d’Overbroek’s School
Contract value: £1.5m